Thursday, April 19, 2007

Not sure what to title this. ( Competition: If you have suggestions, have at it, the winner will get a free Diet Dr. Pepper.)

So tonight I got together with the great Stan Lassiter, my new guitar teacher. His method is steeped in Taoism, and it literally immediately changed my approach to guitar. I seriously walked out a different musician than I walked in. And the timing couldn't have been better.

I went down to Tootsies to see Mark Matejka play (same guy from the ass-whipping I wrote about two weeks back). I said hello, and he asked me if I wanted to play. He did this right after doing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" sans fiddle (he covered those part verbatim). So Headley said "Yeah... eh... sure...", and proceeded to go to the bar to get any alcohol I could get a hold off, to help me deal with DEF CON 5. It went relatively well, but it was another ass-whooping nonetheless.

1 comment:

Murfmensch said...

Macchio! Help me defeat Steve Vai!